There are more than 517 000 Aboriginal Australians
Many First Australians experience vast differences in health, education, employment, and standards of living compared to their non-Aboriginal counterparts. Understanding these inequalities is the first step to reconciling the differences between us.
Did you know that Aboriginal Australians…
- Have an estimated life expectancy up to 11.5 years lower than non-indigenous Australians.
- Are up to 46 times more likely to die from diabetes.
- Have an infant mortality rate twice as high.
- Have an unemployment rate 3.4 times higher than the national average.
- Are three times more likely to be homeless.
Find out more by visiting the new Reconciliation SA website: http://www.reconciliationsa.org.au/